Research requests can be made online or by mail. Instructions for making research requests are at the bottom of the page.
Please be aware that the Society cannot guarantee that the requested information will be found. However, we will make every attempt to locate any and all relevant information for you.
Research fees for mail, phone or email requests are:
$35.00 – one day’s research on a topic – we’ll find anything we can in that time and send along the results.
Additional research fees:
- $20.00 per hour for non-members (1 hour minimum).
- $10.00 per hour for members and students (1 hour minimum).
There are additional fees for photocopying and printing from microfilms:
- $.25 for 8 1/2 x 11
- $.35 for 8 1/2 x 14
- $.50 for 11 x 17
To make a research request:
Making an online research request is a two-step process.
First, send an email with your research request details:
Send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing as much of the following information as possible:
- Your name, address, and telephone number.
- What information are you looking for? (Please be as specific as possible to assist us in the search.)
- Name of the person(s). (Please indicate where he/she/they lived and place/date of birth, marriage, death, if known.)
- Place(s) of residence.
- Family information including names of parents, spouse and children.
- What dates or years are you searching for information?
- What sources you have already searched, if any (e.g., census records, cemetery records, county histories, newspaper information, etc.), so we do not repeat your research.
- Other information you have which you feel would be helpful in this request.
- What you would like us to do if additional research is required? Notify you prior to proceeding, proceed with a limit of $___, or other?
Second, pay for your research:
Second, add the research request to your shopping cart and then check out to pay for the research. Research requests will only be processed upon receipt of your payment.
You will be billed for the cost of photocopies.
If you’d like, you can also mail us with as much of the above information as possible, along with payment, to:
OCPHS, 405 Cesar Chavez Ave., Pontiac, MI 48342.
OCPHS has a large archive of documents. We’re happy to scan them and send the scans to you. However, contact us first via a research request (don’t pay yet,though) to make sure the documents are in reasonable condition for scanning.
If you’ve been in contact with OCPHS about your scan request and wish to pay for them, you can do so below. If you are paying for multiple scans, please adjust the quantity in the cart during checkout.
$15.00Add to cart