Research requests can be made online or by mail. Instructions for making research requests are at the bottom of the page.
Please be aware that the Society cannot guarantee that the requested information will be found. However, we will make every attempt to locate any and all relevant information for you.
Research fees for mail, phone or email requests are:
- $20/hour for non-members (1 hour minimum)
- $10/hour for members and students (1 hour minimum)
There are additional fees for photocopying and printing from microfilms:
- $.25 for 8 1/2 x 11
- $.35 for 8 1/2 x 14
- $.50 for 11 x 17
To make a research request:
Making an online research request is a two-step process. First, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing as much of the following information as possible:
- Your name, address, and telephone number.
- What information are you looking for? (Please be as specific as possible to assist us in the search.)
- Name of the person(s). (Please indicate where he/she/they lived and place/date of birth, marriage, death, if known.)
- Place(s) of residence.
- Family information including names of parents, spouse and children.
- What dates or years are you searching for information?
- What sources you have already searched, if any (e.g., census records, cemetery records, county histories, newspaper information, etc.), so we do not repeat your research.
- Other information you have which you feel would be helpful in this request.
- What you would like us to do if additional research is required? Notify you prior to proceeding, proceed with a limit of $___, or other?
Second, click on the “Pay Now” button below to go to the PayPal site and pay for the research. Research requests will only be processed upon receipt of your payment.
You will be billed for the cost of photocopies.
If you’d like, you can also mail us with as much of the above information as possible, along with payment, to:
OCPHS, 405 Cesar Chavez Ave., Pontiac, MI 48342.