Dedicated volunteers are crucial to the success of OCPHS!
Volunteers give literally thousands of hours each year, serving as guides, librarians, carpenters, gardeners, office workers, and event helpers, among other duties.
Our volunteer Board of Directors manages the organization and ensures that we promote and preserve Pine Grove and Oakland County history.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us for more information about how you may donate your time and talent.
Volunteers are always needed in these areas:
Mansion and Schoolhouse Docents
Act as a Docent in the mansion and schoolhouse, educating the public about the house and grounds. You’ll need a bit of knowledge to do this well – contact us about training.
Research Library and Carriage House
Researchers are always needed in the research library:
- Fulfilling patron requests
- Assisting with research
- Indexing and cataloging
- Scanning and Photographing
- Graphics Artists
- Grant Writing and Preparation
- Administration – General filing, etc.
Research Library Projects:
- There are a number of specific projects, such as scanning and indexing specific collections or updating our PastPerfect database, that need dedicated help. Contact us for more information.
Schoolhouse Tour and Class Program
- Develop a “curriculum” to be used for schoolchildren on tours of our schoolhouse.
- Network with teachers and schools to invite classes to tour our grounds.
- And work with docents and volunteers to present the schoolhouse and run the tours.
- If you like to garden or just plain be outside, volunteer to help maintain our grounds. If nothing else, we always need help picking up pine cones and weeding flowerbeds.
- We have a gazebo! It’s not installed yet, but when it is, it needs to be powerwashed, painted, and made pretty.
- Trees! If you’re an arborist or experienced with tree management, please talk to us. We have a number of trees that need a little TLC.