The Ice Cream Social is almost here!
Here’s what you need to know about Oakland County’s premier Ice Cream Social.
When: Saturday July 28th 2018 from 11 AM to 5 PM
Where: Pine Grove, 405 Cesar E Chavez Avenue in Pontiac. See below for a map and a program.
Tips For Visitors
- A draft of our program will be available the week of July 23rd and not a moment before. The final program will be available at the entrance. Even then, it will be subject to change.
- Admission: $7.00 per person, $15.00 for a family of five.
- Free, secured parking, on site. Behind a fence. With people observing the area. Constantly. Don’t even try it. We have a cannon and we know how to use it.
Speaking of cannons…
- Be advised that a a cannon will be fired at certain points of the day. It’s loud. The cannon will be located in the southwest corner of the campus. Avoid that area if you’re sensitive to BOOM.
- Rain Policy: It’s Michigan, it’s summertime. If it rains we’ll probably get wet, so put an umbrella in the car. If it’s pouring down and the hail is starting to get annoying, we might close early. Don’t bet on it, though.
Park It At Pine Grove – the Vintage Car Show
The front lawn of the mansion will be the place to be if you have a classic car and want to show it off!
We’re looking for people with 1970 or earlier classic cars to show off during the Ice Cream Social. Free admission to the Social to the driver and a passenger, free parking for a trailer and tow vehicle if you need it. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the social. We’ll have a certificate for anyone who brings their car.
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet other car enthusiasts and have some great beauty shots of your car taken in front of one of Pontiac’s most historical landmarks.
Put our flyer in your window, win a…thank you note!
Here’s the flyer if you choose to put it in your window. It’s a big file but prints at 8-1/2″ x 11″. If you display this flyer in your window, please let us know so that we can acknowledge you, and thanks in advance!
Corporate or Family Sponsorship
Get acknowledged in our program! Get your name on our signs! Get mentioned in our newsletter, on our Facebook page, and on our website! Gain the warm fuzzy feeling of helping to sponsor The Premier Ice Cream Social in Oakland County. This is very prestigious, only open to a select few. You’ll be making a big difference.
If you want to sponsor the event, please fill it out and mail it to us at the address above. Please include a check. Otherwise we’ll have to chase you down. Did I mention our president has dogs?
Here’s a list of the business sponsors for this year’s event – check back to see who we’ve added once in a while – this page will get updated about once a week. Thank you so much for your support!
We need volunteers for many, many things before, during and after the event!
Here is the Volunteer Form. You’ll need to fill this out and send it back to us before the event.
Here are some ways you can help:
- BE A SPONSOR. Support the Social with a donation of $25 or more. Sponsors will be listed in the Program and Gazette. Each $25 donation earns a free Family Pass: $25 = 1 pass, $50 = 2 passes, etc.
- BRING A CAKE. The Ladies of DAR will again serve Cake and Ice Cream to guests, and we always need cake! We need at least 30 cakes: homemade or store-bought, doesn’t matter. Please indicate nut content, and indicate on the volunteer form the number of cakes you’re bringing. Note: single layer cakes are easier to serve.
- DONATE ITEMS FOR RESALE. Find new homes for items you no longer need. Donate items for the Curiosity Sale being held Friday, 12 – 4 PM and Saturday 11 – 5 PM. You can drop items off at the office Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, 11 – 4, or call Fred to arrange pickup of large items: (248) 931-3583,
- SET UP AND TEAR DOWN. Set up begins at 10 AM on Friday July 28 and tear down follows the Social on Saturday at 5 PM. Let us know when you’d like to help on the volunteer form.
- PARKING AND SAFETY PATROL. We expect a great turnout this year and we’ll need help with parking and ensuring that everything is safe and sound. 2 hour shifts. If you have a preferred shift, please indicate it on the volunteer form.
- HELP WHERE NEEDED. Sometimes there are last minute jobs not included here: Let us know if you have a suggested job or if you’ll try to help where needed.
Volunteer Information Sheet
Here for your use is the Volunteer Information Sheet, 2017 Edition. What to do, where to go, how to get the most out of your volunteering experience at the Summer Social.
Three pages of maximum smooth and fun!
Here’s last year’s program for the day (We will replace this when the 2018 program is available). Subject to change – you never know what’s going to happen!
Here’s a map, just because.[codepeople-post-map]