Drayton Plains One Room School

Built around 1865, the Drayton Plains one room school was located at the corner of Monroe Avenue and Sashabaw Road in Drayton Plains, and was in use until 1920.

 

In 1965, the schoolhouse was donated to the Society by Leonard Coates, and moved to the Wisner property at that time. Restored to the late 1800’s era, the schoolhouse reflects pioneer schooling complete with school benches, a wood burning stove and textbooks from 1860-1890.

The school house is available for half or full day rentals.